Pepakura Iron Man helmet – part 3

Continued from here

Days 10-14

Nothing terribly exciting here. More filling and sanding than you can shake a stick at.

Something noteworthy, though. This is obvious, but it’s still worth saying: The better the original paper model, the less work is needed to make the fibreglass model look good. I’ve had to do so much sanding and filling that the original details have partially disappeared, and now I’ve had to rebuild them using the filler materials.

As mentioned before, this is the tester helmet. I’ve got the actual helmet that has much more details still in the works. I’m thinking that I’ll build a support cradle around the outside of the paper helmet before I start applying the first layers of resin, to make sure that the helmet is symmetrical to begin with, and to make sure there’s no warping.

Also, I’ve added a bit more detail in the brow area of the helmet that wasn’t there at all in the paper model.

iron_man_2012-12-14_1iron_man_2012-12-16_1iron_man_2012-12-16_2
iron_man_2012-12-16_3
iron_man_2012-12-16_4
iron_man_2012-12-19_1
iron_man_2012-12-19_2
iron_man_2012-12-19_3
iron_man_2012-12-19_4
iron_man_2013-01-07_1
iron_man_2013-01-07_2
iron_man-2013-01-26_1
iron_man-2013-01-26_2
iron_man-2013-01-26_4
iron_man-2013-01-26_5

This entry was posted in Making stuff and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *